Tuesday 17 January 2012

Top 50 - 1990's - Better late than never?

Since chronology seems to be the order of things...

1990

Pixies - Velouria






Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

(Unfortunately JA's record label have seen fit to block embedding of the official video in what can only be described a faschist/Appleesque act. Instead, here's an advertisement for Jools Holland. I hate Jools Holland.)




1991

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away





1992 (A very, very good year)

Sugar - A Good Idea





Nirvana - Dive





Sonic Youth - Wish Fulfilment





Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You






Alice In Chains - Would?






Faith No More - Midlife Crisis






Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod

Once again thwarted in an attempt to post the official video (fucking radical authoritarian nationalist political ideologists) here is a fan made video which I quite enjoyed...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That Ministry fan video is quite good actually. Where Rob Zombie and Benny Benassi meet :D

    The winner so far, as it seems, is Faith No More. Four out of four. I'm sure, when Mr. Patton reads it, he'll be pleased.

    Good job, keep going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he's pleased with the 90's, he'll spunk when he sees my noughties...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we're at it (among other artists), how do you like the new Jane's Addiction?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVOi5Hdbd7Q

    Probably too soft for you, but while RHCP records albums for my mum now, this-for me-still feels like proper Jane's Addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'd not heard that song nor seen the video before now... I like it actually. Definitely still JA, possibly with a bit of 'the artist, not the artist formerly known as prince, although everyone still calls him prince' thrown into the blender.

    And I suspect even your mum would find RHCP latest offerings tedious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazes me most, though, is that Farrell just looks the same but then again, when you're a surfer in California you just have to look good or they break your legs in a dark alleyway I guess...

    Oh, and do not underestimate the dark side of my mum's music taste.

    ReplyDelete