Wednesday 25 May 2011

Jonathan's 1990s - The tracklist

My favourite 50 of the 90s




1. Gun Club – Humanesque
2. Pixies – Velouria
3. Blur – Sing
4. My Bloody Valentine – Only Shallow
5. Nirvana – Breed
6. Slint – Good Morning, Captain
7. Throwing Muses – Two Steps
8. Sonic Youth – Wish Fulfilment
9. Sugar – A Good Idea
10. The Breeders – No Aloha
11. Frank Black – Places Named After Numbers
12. Beastie Boys – Sabotage
13. Jeff Buckley – Dream Brother
14. Pavement – Gold Soundz
15. Pulp – Do You Remember The First Time?
16. Faith No More – King For A Day
17. Flaming Lips – Lightning Strikes The Postman
18. Rocket From The Crypt – Born In ‘69
19. Beck – Jack-Ass
20. Daft Punk – Da Funk
21. Fountains of Wayne – Radiation Vibe
22. Godspeed You Black Emperor – Dead Flag Blues
23. Jonathan Fire Eater – The Search For Cherry Red
24. Pearl Jam – Present Tense
25. Screaming Trees – Gospel Plow
26. Silver Jews – Pretty Eyes
27. Smashing Pumpkins – 1979
28. Aphex Twin –Come To Daddy
29. Björk – Joga
30. Elliot Smith – Cupid’s Trick
31. Grandaddy – Summer Here Kids
32. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion – Wail
33. Mogwai – Tracy
34. Radiohead – Subterranean Homesick Alien
35. Belle & Sebastian – The Boy With The Arab Strap
36. Boards Of Canada – Roygbiv
37. Bob Hund – Raketmaskinen
38. Massive Attack – Teardrop
39. Mercury Rev – Goddess On A Hiway
40. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Weeping Song
41. Noir Desir – Tostaky (Remix)
42. Tortoise – TNT
43. 16 Horsepower – My Narrow Mind
44. And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – Aged Dolls
45. Beulah – Emma Blowgun’s Last Stand
46. Death In Vegas – Dirge
47. dEUS – Instant Street
48. Mark Lanegan – Carry Home
49. Sebadoh – Flame
50. Smog – Cold Blooded Old Times

4 comments:

  1. My previous comment about the bands from your list I didn't know mysteriously disappeared, so there we go: Slint, Jonathan Fire Eater (is it your alter ego?), Silver Jews (great name though), Boards of Canada, Beulah, Sebadoh.
    Quite many. I'm going to search YouTube soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooooo stupid. I just found the last comment somewhere else.
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, I can testify that Jonathan is not a Fire Eater. Fire Exhauster more like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've blown my super hero cover! I might have all kinds of baddies coming after me now...thanks!

    I am anonymous!

    ReplyDelete